Establish A Goal, Then Plan Accordingly I Progenex I Mercer Island CrossFit 5K WOD Challenge | Seattle CrossFit Coach in Queen Anne


If you are like 99.9% of people you have a destination you hope to achieve with your workouts.  The typical process is 1) You feel tired of your current status 2) You get sick of that feeling way 3) You verbalize your sick of it to a friend or just out loud and 4) You go and do something about it.  So, what phase are you at right now?

Regardless of where you are at right now the thing that is most important is what is your PLAN?  The typical gym goer (75%) never achieves his or her goal.  When the New Years resolutions coming strolling in January health clubs are busy because there are destinations and bodies types desired.  Back to the stupid numbers again, 75% of gym goer never see any changes, the remaining 25% is broken down to 15% of gym goers who by sheer luck see change because they are copying someone else and the last 10% (I call the elite) accomplish and establish success.  Now why do all these numbers matter?  They don’t really, but what does matter is there are about 85% of gym goes or individuals with an active desire who do not ever taste full success.  Why you ask?  I’ll tell you why………No Plan Of Action With Vision!!!!

Plan of Action with Vision

Having a goal is 100% pointless if you don’t have a plan.  Having a plan will help you not cheat on your nutrition, help you make it to the gym on the days you are exhausted, help you push harder in your workout when you body tells you to stop and help you kill the voice of negativity.  The reason the 10% of gym goer achieve success is because they SEE their goal, they ARE their goal and they Are their goal before it even happens.  If you can not see past where you are right now you will NEVER get to your goal.  This is why you MUST plan your goal(s) out to the fullest and most detailed.


How To Make A Plan

The first thing you need to do is go to a place without any distraction so you can fully concentrate on yourself.  If you are mom this makes sense.  So if you are mom get a babysitter, let dad take the kids to the park or just wait for until the kids are napping.  If you do not having any distraction specific just go to a place you can focus.  Second, grab a a tablet with pen and write everything you want to accomplish (don’t hold anything back) and allows yourself to visualize you at your goal.  Once you have everything on paper this is when it gets fun.  Start breaking down when you will start achieving your goals or meeting your check points.  Follow my steps below:

1) Break your goal down to specific dates (example: weekly to monthly check points)

2) Establish what you will do each day/week that moves you closer to your goal (example: nutrition planning/meals and workouts)

3) Set up a social network platform that you will post on a daily basis.  This will establish public accountability. (example: twitter, facebook, blog,etc)

4) (Optional) Purchase an outfit that you can not fit into currently that you will when you hit your goal, register for an event (triathalon, competition, etc),  or set up a vacation destination where you will wear minimum clothing

5) (Optional) Pick up any supplements, protein powders, vitamins that will assist your journey.

*If you know me personally I am not big on having a huge bag of supplement but I am a fan of using products that work and assist you.  I will drop a few links below that I HIGHLY recommend.



All of these step are very vital to succeeding!  If you have any additional questions or if you have a unique situation please contact me at coachscott@stonewaycrossfit.com